Inspiring Blog Award
It would only be unfair to begin this without thanking the people that have given me this award. Firstly ArabWriterChick, and I’m only very happy for her for receiving this award herself. Her poetry is exquisite and effortless and never fails to amaze me. As an (wanna-be) aspiring poet myself, I love reading her work.
Secondly, David McGowan has also given me the Very Inspiring Blog Award. This is the second one from him, and I’m utterly grateful for his support. His blog is a must read – not only does he give realistic tips for writers old and new, but following his journey in the publication of his books is fun to read. I wish him every success!
7 things about me:
- I am currently listening to In the Shadows by The Rasmus
- My favourite childhood book is ‘Daft Dog’, I remember my friend and I used to hide at the back of the book shelf in school so nobody else would get it. Good times!
- I remember my friend and I also did this prank in this ‘Dick and Dom’ book I had, and stood in the middle of the school field and pointed up to the sky, calling everyone to us to tell them: ‘there’s a purple cloud in the sky’
- I used to be the last kid out the lunch hall in primary school because I wouldn’t touch the food, and the dinner lady stood next to me till the bell rang
- My favourite comedians are Ed Byrne, Russell Peters and Katt Williams (I’ve linked my favourite stand ups by them if you want to check them out)
- My top book in my to read list is currently East of Eden by John Steinbeck
- I wish I could play the guitar
15 blogs I nominated
- A Serendipitous Happenstance (http://aserendipitoushappenstance.wordpress.com/) – realistic, reflective and optimistic
- Pany (http://pany123.wordpress.com/) – reminds me of the little things in life that are so important
- Laura Stanfill (http://laurastanfill.wordpress.com/) – the most interesting and versatile range of blog posts on reading and writing
- YWWSCRIBE (http://ywwscribe.wordpress.com/) – click here to become a better writer
- The Bright Old Oak (http://thebrightoldoak.wordpress.com/) – wise and insightful beyond words
- My Pen and Me (http://mypenandme.wordpress.com/) – very unique and subtle poetry
- Picture Bandit (http://picturebandit.wordpress.com/) – brilliant personality, brilliant photography, brilliant posts
- Young Life Perception (http://younglifeperception.wordpress.com/) – inspiring? duh!
- The Literary Mum (http://theliterarymom.wordpress.com/) – enjoyable to follow her journey
- Poeta Officium (http://poetaofficium.wordpress.com/) – I adore this blog, so insightful and intersting, very versatile
- Katherine Givens (http://katherinegivens1.wordpress.com/) – the best thing about her blog are the quotes she shares – a great pick
- Writers for Life (http://writersforlife.wordpress.com/) – her passion and drive for writing is evident in every post
- Chronicles of a Writer (http://mmendus.wordpress.com/)
- Author G.D. Grace (http://author2be.wordpress.com/) – inspiration in every post, by reblogging others posts, he’s wonderfully sharing the passion of others and I love that.