There is really no right way to do it. You don’t even have to do it. It all depends on whether you want to plan beforehand and whether you’re struggling to fully understand your character.
A lot of the following fields don’t have to be filled in, just think about it. For example, the number of siblings – if you know it’s two, then that’s fine, no need to write it for the sake of it. Some of these things may not even be relevant to you, it really depends on the story, so be selective.
- Name and nicknames?
- Hometown and current address?
- Ethnicity and nationality?
- Occupation and income?
- Body type?
- Eye and hair colour?
- Any other significant features?
- Parents and relationship?
- Siblings and relationship?
- Partner and relationship?
- Children and relationship?
- Any other important relationship and relationship?
- Introverted or extroverted?
- Facts or possibilities?
- Doing what’s right or doing what’s best for everyone?
- Planning or spontaneity?
- What does your character care about?
- What does your character fear?
- What motivates your character?
- How do others view your character?
- How does your character evolve throughout the journey of the story?